It has been more than five years since I started this blog! But I haven’t really been posting actively for a few years now. A lot has been going on in my life and it’s all good, but yeah, I definitely got distracted from my blog, a project I had so lovingly started back in 2018. I am still as passionate about a minimalistic, vegan lifestyle as I was back then and still very much in love with cooking 🙂
It’s just that I got really busy with other stuff like doing the inner work, healing my life, and launching my career as a women’s mindset coach. By the way, I also started a new podcast called Soul Searching Stree (Hindi) that is all about building self-love, reconnecting with your soul, setting healthy boundaries, living with gratitude, and creating a life of peace, joy, and abundance while navigating the challenges of being an Indian woman in a patriarchal, misogynistic society.
Sounds interesting 🙂 ? Do check out my podcast, the links are given below.
Coming back to the recipe, I recently came up with a super easy and lazy method of making vegan dark chocolate fudge. It looks so decadent and tastes so fine, no one will believe it’s this simple to make!
Yields around 25-30 bite-size pieces
Time Taken: 10 minutes (active time) + 3 hours (passive time, for setting)
- 1 big bar of vegan dark chocolate (150 gm)*
- 3 tablespoon water
- ½ cup chopped assorted nuts (cashew, almond, walnut, etc.), roasted
- ½ cup chopped dried fruits (dates, raisins, etc.)
- 1 heaped teaspoon of instant coffee powder
- 2-3 drops of vanilla extract
- A big pinch of salt
- Break the chocolate bar into small pieces and place it in a heat-proof bowl.
- Line a tray with baking paper and keep aside.
Melting the chocolate:
- Fill ¼ of a kadhai (saucepan) with water and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer.
- Place the bowl with the chocolate inside the kadhai. The chocolate will start melting due to the heat from the simmering water.
- Stir the chocolate mixture gently to ensure all the chocolate pieces have melted. It will take around 3-4 minutes. Remove the bowl from the kadhai.
Making the fudge:
- Heat 3 tablespoons of water separately and add it to the molten chocolate. Whisk quickly to combine.
- Now add in the other ingredients: roasted nuts, dry fruits, coffee powder, vanilla extract, and salt, and mix.
- Spread the chocolate mixture on the tray. Let it cool for several minutes before refrigerating. It may take a few hours to set properly. Once set, cut it into small, bite-size pieces.
- Follow this video to learn how to melt chocolate properly.
- I used Amul dark chocolate. You can use any brand.
Also, check out these vegan chocolate recipes!