While I was totally happy with the recipe, I wanted a simpler version with no curd. And in walks ACV like a knight in a shining armor 🙂
This brownie recipe is totally hassle-free and super easy to make! All you need is a handful of readily available ingredients and 15 minutes of active work to bake a batch of rich, dense, and moist brownies studded with pieces of melty chocolate and crunchy nuts!
Preparation time: 15 minutes + 35 minutes baking time
Yields: 20 small brownies
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cup soy/cashew milk
- 1 cup brown sugar/jaggery powder
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- ½ cup coconut oil + more for greasing the tray
- 2/3 cup chopped vegan dark chocolate (pop into the freezer for an hour)
- ½ cup chopped cashew/almond/walnut (roasted in a little coconut oil)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar-ACV (substitute with lemon juice)
- 1 level teaspoon baking soda
- 1 heaped teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 heaped teaspoon instant coffee powder
- A big pinch of salt
- Mix the soy/cashew milk with the ACV/lemon juice and keep aside for 10 minutes to make “buttermilk.”
- Sieve the flour + baking soda 2-3 times. Keep aside.
- In a small mixer jar, grind together brown sugar, cocoa powder, coffee powder, cinnamon powder, and salt.
- Pour the “buttermilk” and coconut oil into a big mixing bowl. Add the powdered brown sugar mixture and mix well.
- Gradually add the flour, chopped nuts, and chocolate bits to the wet mixture and combine till just mixed. Do not over-mix.
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees C for 10 minutes. Pour the brownie batter into a greased baking tray and bake for 35 minutes. Let it cool for a few minutes before unmolding and cutting.